Lunch, Snacks and Beverages will be provided for all the attending members, guests and players. Please feel free to bring your own supplies.
Friendly games and fun activities are planned for the kids and non-playing adults.
Rules and Regulations for Cricket matches:
1. The games will be played under the normal rules of cricket unless stated otherwise below.
2. Only Registered and Active (Membership paid for 2014 or Life/Patron members) MSCF members and guests purchased Event Passes are allowed to play. Event Passes - $25 per family (2 adults + kids), $10 for each additional adult or single.
3. Tournament starts at 9:00 am on Saturday, November 8th, 2014. Registration deadline is Thursday, November 6th, 2014 or when all Six (6) are registered.
4. First Six (6) Teams to register will play in the tournament.
5. Each Team will consist of Eight (8) playing members.
6. Matches are Six (6) overs per Innings.
7. One (1) player will be designated as the Wicketkeeper for each game. The Wicketkeeper cannot bowl. Six (6) other players are required to bowl one over each.
8. Each game will consist of One (1) Inning each side, and played at Six (6) balls an over.
9. The coin toss for each game will occur before the start of a game. The winner of toss can choose to bat or field.
10. The innings will conclude when either all the overs have been bowled or all Eight (8) Batsmen have been dismissed.
11. After Twenty-Five (25) runs a batsman must retire. If, however, there are overs remaining after all other batsmen have been dismissed, the retired batsman may return to finish his innings.
12. The "last man standing" rule applies.
13. At the fall of the seventh wicket, if more overs or balls are left, the Batsman dismissed shall act as runner with the remaining batsman. If the runner is dismissed in any way, such as
Run-Out, this will count as the last batsman being out, thus terminating the innings.
14. NO Balls and WIDE Balls shall incur a penalty of Two (2) runs. Extra ball should be bowled.
a. Short-pitched balls above the shoulder height will be called no balls, resulting in 2 runs. The square leg umpire will call the no ball in the event of a ball passing over the Batsman’s shoulder height, when standing.
b. Full Tosses above the waist will be called no balls, resulting in 2 runs.
c. Balls will be called wide under criteria of "playable ness".
d. Hitting a wide ball disqualifies it from being a wide.
e. Rules for Leg Byes and Byes shall apply.
15. Each side is allowed a maximum of Thirty (30) minutes to finish bowling Six (6) overs.
16. Umpire’s decision is final. No arguments with Umpires allowed at any cost.
17. Request for change in Rules and Regulations is not entertained.
18. The rules are subject to change without notice. A copy of the rules will be given to all team captains on the day of the tournament.
Click Here for a copy of Rules and Regulations.